Our Vision and Values
'Growing Active Learners Now'
Our vision statement reflects the New Zealand Curriculum vision and that of our own Board of Trustees and community.
It guides everything we do at Churchill Park and is underpinned by our values, learner qualities and plans that form the cornerstones of who we are as a community at Churchill Park School.
We are very proud to have achieved the Green-Gold status in 2013, and recently having this re-confirmed in 2016. We are guided by the five Enviro-school principles which are:
- empowered students
- Maori perspectives
- respect for the diversity of cultures
- learning for sustainability
- sustainable communities
With our ongoing journey, through empowering and inspiring our students and staff we are continuing our journey as a Green-Gold Enviro School.
Did You Know?
- We are a collection point for old mobile phones and oral waste care ( tooth brushes,toothpaste tubes and floss containers) in the school office
- We recycle paper and receive native trees under the 'Paper for Trees' scheme
- We do soft plastics recycling
- We encourage waste free lunches
- We develop compost in our student made compost bins
- We produce worm tea from our award winning worm farm
History and community
Parent Teacher Association
- To raise money to improve the school grounds and facilities
- To build and foster community within our school.