We do not wish the school community to be alarmed - rather, we want you to feel assured that Churchill Park School is doing everything we can to keep our students, staff and community informed and safe throughout this time. We are constantly being updated by the Ministry of Education (MOE) as well as the NZ Principals’ Federation who advise us that…… our schools are open and we expect all students who are fit and well to attend school. The Ministry of Health also reports that …… currently the virus is not spreading in the community beyond people who have had direct contact with a traceable source of infection.
The NZ School Trustees Association are also supporting these statements and recommending students attend school until such time as current policy is changed.
Here are some of the practices at Churchill Park School which help to keep students safe as well as information about current events:Pandemic Plan
- Our Churchill Park School pandemic plan has been reviewed and updated
- This is part of the school’s overall Health and Safety planning.
- We follow the guidelines and requirements of the Ministry of Health and MOE
- Hand sanitisers in all classrooms and office areas
- Sanitiser cleaning products for furniture, desktops, benches etc
- Cough or sneeze into elbows
- Wash hands for 20 seconds
- Drink from own drink bottle rather than drinking fountain
- Please ensure these are up to date with own and emergency contact details
- Check website for information
- Plan with family and friends to support you should the school become closed
- Teachers will support students with online learning if the school is closed
- Cluster events, outside school, have been cancelled e.g. Bay Suburbs and Eastern Zones swimming events
- Goal Setting Interviews (Years 1 -6) scheduled for Thursday 26 March have been cancelled. However, student data will be shared and teachers will be providing opportunities to discuss this.
- Full school assemblies now to be taken as team assemblies
- Do not send students to school with a cold, cough or flu symptoms
Thank you for your support of our school community. We will continue to keep you updated with any changes to normal school routines.